Sharing Switch with Docking Station

I have the Pluggable USB 3.0 Docking Station and it is working no issues with my work windows 10 laptop. I just bought the USB 3.0 Sharing Switch so I can use my personal laptop also on the same setup. The switch works but sometime (randomly) it sounds like the docking station gets disconnected, I lose picture on my monitors for a few secs. But then it all comes back. This is frustrating. I am hoping you can give me some suggestions to try and correct this issue. Thank,

Hi Alex,

Thanks for posting!

Let’s see if we can identify the cause of this issue with some basic troubleshooting steps.

Firstly, can you observe the same disconnection issue with a basic USB device like a USB wired mouse or keyboard connected to the USB 3.0 sharing switch (instead of the dock)?

Next, does this issue still occur on the same port if you 1) swap the USB cables, or 2) swap computers between the two “Type-B” ports on the USB switch? This will help isolate the cause to the USB switch, a USB cable, or a certain computer.

If the issue seems to be a certain computer (either your work or personal laptop), try different USB ports on that computer (USB 2.0, USB 3.0) to determine if it affects all USB ports or only certain ones.

Once I have a bit more information about the nature of the behavior, I can provide next steps.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

I have swapped around the USB cables and the issue still happened. Right now I am connecting the Switch into a different port on my laptop and it seems to be working. Both ports are listed as SS but we will what happens. So far so good. Thanks.

I appreciate the update.

Please do keep me posted if the disconnections continue to occur when connected to a different USB 3.0 port on your laptop.

Thank you!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.