Sharing all-in-one PC screen with laptop

At home I have an all-in-one Dell PC with wireless mouse/keyboard but wired to a second monitor.
With my work Surface laptop, is it possible to connect to a switch when at home so I could use the two home monitors ?

Hello Fergus,

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable support!
I’d be happy to make a recommendation!
Typically, the display ports available on the All-in-one computer are only Display OUT ports. They do not work as a display IN.
I can assume you are connecting another monitor to your All-in-one computer using the HDMI port available. However, you cannot use the All-in-one computer as an external monitor for your surface laptop.

If you’re interested in a switching solution for your one external monitor, please let me know the specific make and model of the monitor, and we can provide more details. Otherwise, sorry we can’t be of more help!

Thank you,

Thank you so much Omar. That is actually very helpful! My other monitor is a Dell Ultrasharp 24.
Currently it has an HDMI to HDMI to the all-in-one home PC, and a second HDMI to an USBc on a hub which connects to the laptop, but there’s no switch.
Thank you again Omar!

Fergus

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.