Second monitor flickers 1-3x per minute

I purchased the “Plugable 14-in-1 USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 Dock” from Amazon recently. After plugging in all of my devices I’ve noticed my second monitor is randomly flickering to a black screen. I’ve swapped the HDMI inputs on the back of the pluggable hub and it seems that there is something wrong with the HDMI2 output port on the hub is consistently the problematic screen (regardless of cable or monitor used).

Note: Using windows 10 and 1920x1080 resolution. 2 hdmi cables, no display ports.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

This behavior could be caused by the system needing updates for the graphics drivers and/or a firmware update may be needed for the dock. There may also be some configuration changes needed, though we should start with drivers and firmware.

To determine the current firmware version and if any drivers are needed we have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock with your monitors attached to it into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When the diagnostics are complete please email them to support@plugable.com mentioning ticket 380210 in the subject line - do not post the results here! I can then offer any suggestions for possible updates needed.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.