Second external monitor not exiting sleep mode

Hi, I currently have a UD-3900 connected to my Asus Aspire-S7 laptop. I have two external monitors that I use as my only displays, both of which have DVI ports.

Currently, only one of my displays is active. The other display refuses to exit sleep mode. I notice when I remove the HDMI cable from the UD-3900 and plug it back in, the monitor exits and re-enters sleep mode, so I know it must recognize some sort of activity. Can someone help me with this please?

Hi Albert,

Thanks for posting, and I would be happy to help with your docking station.

The first thing to check is that the source input on the second monitor is set correctly given the type of video cable in use, as in many cases monitors with multiple inputs may not switch automatically. Apologies if that is redundant…

If that helps, great! If not, you don’t mention which specific model monitors you are using, but can confirm what types of cables you are using to connect both to the dock?Your mention of the DVI ports leads me to believe that you are using a DVI to DVI cable for the first display and a HDMI to DVI cable (or HDMI-DVI adapter) for the second display, and in some cases non-standard or faulty cables or adapters can cause problems so I just want to make sure I have the details correct.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support