When using my HP with the plugable UD-3900 docking station the screens will start to black out off and on then lock up and make one external screen and main screen the same picture instead of two seperate monitors.
Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your UD-3900 docking station is not functioning as expected, and would be happy to provide additional support.
The first steps we’ll want to take is to make sure that the software used by the dock is in a good state by reinstalling the DisplayLink software and running the DisplayLink cleaner tool. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel > Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool (https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+9.1.1462.exe)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot your computer (even if not prompted to)
- Download and install the 10.1 M1 DisplayLink software (https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+10.1+M1.exe)
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect the dock to your system
If these steps help, great! If not, I’d like to request some logs from your system to investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable dock connected to your system (with monitors still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there?
Once you have the log files, please simply search for “plugable support email” in your preferred search engine to and send us an email with the subject line of “Ticket 349693” so that we can prioritize that case and match it to this inquiry.
If you could also include your Amazon Order ID (or other proof of purchase) associated with your Plugable device in that email, I would appreciate it.
Thank you for giving us a chance to help!
This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.