Screen Saver Problem During Login/Initial Boot of 2012 15-inch MacBook Pro

I just recently purchased a 2012 15" Non-retina MacBook Pro and I’m using your UGA-2K-A DisplayLink adaptor. I ran this adaptor on my 2011 MacBook Pro without issue running Lion, 10.7.4 and the DisplayLink 1.8 alpha driver.

My problems seem to all be centered on the screen saver function. When I log in, it requires the log in an extra time as the first log in take me directly to a screen saver screen which requires another log in.

Additionally, every 15 minutes, the screen locks whether I’m typing, moving the mouse, or doing miscellaneous tasks. It seems to be centered on how long the screen saver is set; therefore, for a simple workaround I’ve disabled the screen saver until I can get a fix. I’ve submitted to DisplayLink’s ‘Contact Us’ link: http://displaylink.org/forum/sendmess…, but have not heard anything. In that message I sent all the information provided after running the DisplayLink Information application. I don’t want to clog up this question with all the stuff provided in the folder given, but I will give my system information as to help identify what system I’m using in more detail.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP91.00D3.B06
SMC Version (system): 2.1f170
Serial Number (system): *Taken Out by Poster*
Hardware UUID: 3B41332C-4501-5475-963F-EBF5B03450D7
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Any and all feedback would be highly appreciated. All information gathered by the Information Application can be provided upon request.

Thanks again Plugable Technologies,
Tomas

I interacted with Tomas via our private support system. For the benefit of public forum users, I wanted to point to http://blog.avatron.com/post/21385180…. I think that’s what we’re seeing a recurrence of in this situation.

I’ve logged a formal bug with DisplayLink but have no better solution at this time than the workaround in the avatron.com post.