Screen flickers with usb 3.0 switch and USB 3.0 Docking Station

I have the USB 3.0 Docking Station UD-3900, USB3-Switch2, and HP laptop running Windows 11. 2nd laptop is a Dell but turned off. My external screen is connected with an HDMI cable. The external screen keeps flickering on/off. This is not what your advertising promotes and why I bought your products. Is this a driver issue or something else?

Update: This flickering occurs much more frequently during a Zoom meeting. USB webcam, mic, and speakers are connected to rear USB ports on docking station.

Hi Russell,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your equipment is not functioning as expected, and would be happy to provide additional support.

For my reference, does the same problem occur if the UD-3900 dock is connected directly to your computer (bypassing the switch)?

To help diagnose the issue, may I ask you to please keep the device connected to your laptop and everything still attached (even if not working as expected) and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug? → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

Once you have the logs, simply send an email to support@plugable.com with the subject line of “Ticket 397261” so that we can prioritize that case and match it to this inquiry.

If you could provide your Amazon Order ID (or other proof of purchase) associated with your Plugable device, I would be happy to check on your warranty status as well.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.