Screen blank after latest update

I have been using the UD-3900 with my Surface 3 for months with no issues. Today after an update (Plugable update) the screen is now blank.

The PC see’s it and acts like its there but the screen is blank.

I tried uninstalling the update but it didn’t help.

How do I fix this?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for contacting Plugable! I’ll be glad to assist.

We’ll want to proceed with a clean installation of the DisplayLink drivers, just in case the previous uninstallation left some items behind. We’ll do all of the following with the dock power and USB disconnected, until the very last step.

-Disconnect the dock from the computer

-Uninstall DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel->Programs

-Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here:
http://displaylink.com/techsupport_fi…

-Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)

-Now download and run the DisplayLink 7.7M0 software, found here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/sl…

-Reboot, even if not prompted to

-Once you’re back in Windows, reattach power to the dock, followed by USB and let it install and update the firmware which should happen automatically.

If this doesn’t resolve the behavior, please email support@plugable.com with “Ticket 76194” in the subject line and we can proceed from there.

Thanks!
Gary

I have the exact same setup and issue as the original poster: Surface Pro 3 with UD-3900. I have 2 external monitors: one HDMI, one DVI. Has been working fine for many months. After installing the latest Plugable drivers, the external monitors are seen by Windows and recognized but the displays are dark. I followed the recommended corrective steps but the issue remains.

Update: I did a system restore to a checkpoint before the installation of the 7.7 drivers and the external monitors are once again functional. I’ll stay away from this update …

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the update! Glad to know that a system restore fixed the issue and everything is working well now.

If you need any help or information regarding any of our products, please do feel free to shoot us an email. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze