Samsung smart Tv intermittently won't recognize or says has been disconnected

Been using the drive enclosure for well over a month with issues. Till few days ago the drive connect to my computer just fine with no problems. When trying to transfer a video file 700mb or more, in the middle of transferring the file the drive would stop the transfer of the file then windows was unable to communicate with the drive. It would not show up under devices and drives nor would it eject it though was in the list. I disconnected the drive re-plugged it in all working normal. Transferred the same video file and others with no problem. A few days later did the same thing again except that the drive would show in windows 10 unrecognizable to drive malfunctioned or it disconnects during file transfer. I tried using both the usb -c or usb 3.0. got same results even swapped cables with another identical Plugable enclosure. New problem drive working fine with Windows 10, but the tv now either not recognize the drive or if it does and try to play a video file, the video will stop playing and tv will show that the enclosure was disconnected. Tried multiple times to get the tv to recognize the drive intermittently or show that the drive was disconnected not physically. The NVME drive is a WD Blue SN550 1TB. Tried swapping cables and tried plugging into another smart tv same results tv won’t recognize the drive or tv says drive has disconnected. Windows 10 recognizes the drive. Any thoughts.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

Thank you for the detailed problem description, you mention having another Plugable USBC-NVME enclosure, we can perform a simple test to see if this problem is being caused by a faulty enclosure or a failing NVMe SSD by swapping the WD Blue SN550 1TB into the second enclosure and testing this with the Windows computer and Smart TVs.

If the issues persist with the second enclosure then the WD Blue SN550 is likely at fault, however if everything works without error then we can swap the SSD back into the original enclosure and verify the issue is still occurring before starting the replacement process.

Please let me know if the WD Blue SN550 1TB shows the same behavior with the second enclosure or if everything is working as expected and we can go from there.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Ok, swapped the second WD SN550. Connected to computer with no problems or disconnects.Tried on TV no problems, watched a video no problems. Tried one last test, tried both WD SN550 into problem enclosure. Was only able to connect using the other non-tested WD Sn550 to computer within 30-45 sec enclosure disconnects with back to back reconnects. Was able on 3rd reconnect drive stayed connected tried a file transfer of a 4gb drive failed halfway of transfer starts of about 480mb/s then falls off to 0mb then about min later disconnects. Windows would no longer recognize enclosure. So Tried connecting to Smart TV, TV would not recognize the enclosure. Tried with the first tested WD SN550, worse results, Window 10 would not recognize the enclosure. The 2nd enclosure performed same tests with both WD SN550 no problems.

Hi,

Thank you for testing both NVMe SSDs in this enclosure, based on the results I would like to get the replacement process started.

Please contact our support team via email at ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #316314 - Attention Pat’.

In the body of the email please include:

• The Amazon Order ID ( available from Amazon.com/orders ) for the original purchase of the USBC-NVME enclosure
  • Your preferred shipping address for receiving the replacement enclosure
  • The serial number from the enclosure ( screen printed on the aluminum cover )

I will verify the warranty status of this enclosure and start the replacement process right away.

Thank you, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies