Samsung Notebook 9 Pro

replacing desktop with a Samsung notebook 9 pro looking at the USB -C docking station for keyboard mouse and monitor access. since the computer doesn’t have a lan port would connecting my router to the docking station have any benifit?

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for contacting us! I am happy to answer your questions.

While we have not tested this specific model Samsung Notebook, it should be a good fit with our USB-C docking stations. Both our UD-ULTCDL ( https://plugable.com/products/ud-ultcdl ) and our UD-ULTC4K ( https://plugable.com/products/ud-ultc4k ) USB-C Docking Stations support three displays, one using DisplayPort Alt Mode from the notebook, the other two using DisplayLink Technology as well as charging up to 60W on the USB-C port. They both provide four additional USB 3.0 ports, one Type-C port, gigabit Ethernet, and stereo headphone/microphone jacks. The UD-ULTCDL has two HDMI outputs and one DVI output for three monitors, two at 2K resolutions and one at 4K resolution ( labeled by the port ). The UD-ULTC4K supports three monitors at 4K, one with HDMI and the other two using DisplayPort. For either of these docking stations additional adapters may be required to use your monitors.

To your question regarding the LAN port. I normally recommend the wired connections when there are potential issues of interference. Interference is caused by active radio sources, like microwaves or fluorescent lights, as well as passive sources like thick walls, water heaters, or HVAC vents. When the wireless router and notebook are close together with a strong connection, browsing the internet or streaming video is just fine. However if you are using a home server or a network attached storage device for backups or file transfers, then the added speed of the wired connection is beneficial.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Stephen,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support