SAMSUNG - LU28D590PS Ultra HD 28" LED Monitor

Will the usb to hdmi 3.0 4k adapter work with this monitor SAMSUNG - LU28D590PS Ultra HD 28" LED Monitor

Hi Vern,

Thanks for posting. I’d be happy to answer your question!

We have that Samsung model in our test lab, and yes it does work with our UGA-4KHDMI adapter --> http://plugable.com/products/uga-4khdmi at 3840×2160 with a 30Hz refresh rate.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Would I be better off using the displayport adapter as this monitor has one

Hi Vern,

The choice is your ultimately, but I would consider not only using the Samsung monitor but also any other displays you may use in the future and their port availability in your purchase decision.

Thank you,

Bob

What I mean is from technical point of view. I see both adapters use the same chipset but the chip was originally designed for a display port. The conversion to hdmi uses another chip so by using the display port adapter it’s one less. Is there a difference in performance. My laptop has a hdmi but no display port.

Hi Vern,

The DisplayPort to HDMI conversion chip does not affect the performance of the adapter itself, so both adapters should perform the same.

In terms of ports availability, I was referring to other monitors you may use in the future or if you elect to connect the adapter to a TV, as I don’t know of any TVs that offer DisplayPort inputs presently.

Thank you,

Bob