Samsung F24T45 not detecting on Plugable

Hi there,

I purchased the plugable docking station from Amazon to use with my MacBook Pro M1. One of my monitor is Dell, which has no problem connecting but my Samsung F24T45 won’t display. I’ve tried using HDMI to HDMI as well as Displayport to HDMI with no luck. The screen works without issues when connected straight to my laptop. I also tried the powercycle / restart of the Mac, no luck. Help is appreciated.

Thank you
Melina

Hi Melina,

Thank you for contacting us, I am happy to help!

We make a verity of docking stations with different hardware and software requirements, I recommend we start by getting some additional details about the specific docking station you are using, please let me know the model name from the label on the bottom of the docking station, normally starting with “UD-” for our USB 3.0 and USB-C docking stations.

This will help to determine our next steps and we can proceed from here.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello pat,

I am unable to confirm the model as of now but here’s a screenshot of the one purchased in hope that helps.

Thanks
Melina

Hi Melina,

Thank you for replying back, this is our UD-3900Z USB-C Dual Display Docking Station ( https://plugable.com/products/ud-3900z ).

Both HDMI output ports are controlled by the DisplayLink software on the computer and hardware in the docking station.

Please note: most DisplayPort to HDMI adapter or adapter cables are one-way adapters from a DisplayPort computer output to a HDMI display and will not work in reverse.

I recommend we try the following to narrow down if this issue is caused by a specific port on the docking station or display:

1. Please unplug the Dell display from the docking station
  2. Connect a HDMI cable from the port which previously had the Dell display connected, to the “HDMI IN 1” port on the Samsung display:

3) Use the Samsung “JOG” button to select “Source” then the “HDMI IN 1” port.

• By default this should be jogging the button to your left while facing the front of the display, then up/down to select the first HDMI input port

4) If the Samsung display is detected, connect the Dell display to the computer’s second HDMI output port using a HDMI to HDMI cable.

Please let me know if this helps to get both displays detected and working with the computer, or if the Samsung display is not detected on either of the docking station’s HDMI output ports and we can proceed from here.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com