Run 2 monitors off one UD-160-A Docking Station?

I’d like to run two new Acer 24" 1920x1080 monitors off of my Acer laptop. Can i do that with just a UD-160-A Docking station? Or will i also need a UGA-2K-A Adapter? I’m running Win7 64.

Hi RMGoman,

Thanks for posting your question here! The Plugable Docking Station UD-160-A has one Graphics port which is capable of supporting resolutions upto 1920x1080. So you can connect one of the two Acer monitors to it.

If your laptop has a video out port, you could use it to connect the other Acer monitor. If you do not want to use the inbuilt video out port of your laptop for any reason or would prefer that you get connectivity to both monitors through the Plugable Docking Station UD-160-A, then you would need to plug in a Plugable UGA-2K-A to one of the USB ports on the Plugable Docking Station UD-160-A and use it to connect the other Acer monitor.

Hope the above information helps! If you need any additional information or help regarding any of our products, feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze

Thanks, Roze.

Last question: your web site shows that i can buy the UGA-2K-A at Amazon but i checked with Amazon twice - the first time it showed that they’re out of stock with a note saying that they don’t know when or if they’ll get more. I checked again a few minutes ago and it now doesn’t show that produce at all. Only shows a UGA-125 which appears to not support a 1920x1080 monitor. Is the UGA-2K-A available elsewhere?

It’s just off the truck and hitting the virtual shelves. I see Amazon has it in stock now, just in the last two hours. http://plugable.com/products/uga-2k-a/

Thanks for going out of your way for us!
Bernie