Resolution too low

I just installed a UGA 165 multi-display adapter using HDMI/USB. The best resolution I can get is 1280 x 800, which is what I could get before and doesn’t allow the graphics work I need to do. I have tried new cables, switching it to the other monitor, etc. Nothing works. It is a Dell monitor 3007WFPt. Ideas?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support, we’re happy to help you with this issue.

I have reviewed the specifications for the Dell 3007WFP, and see that it is capable of displaying 2560x1600 resolution. However, the documentation for the monitor states that the full display resolution requires you to use a dual-link DVI graphics card to use the full resolution of the monitor. More info: https://www.dell.com/downloads/emea/services/uk/en/3007WFP.pdf

I’m sorry to say that the USB to DVI adapters are only single-link so cannot display the full resolution your monitor is capable of. In order to use the full resolution of the monitor you will likely need to use a desktop computer that has a dual-link DVI graphics card installed.

Please let us know if you have further questions we can assist with. If you’d like to request a refund on your UGA-165, please contact support@plugable.com and include “ticket #278713” in the subject line and include your Amazon order number.

Thanks!
Andrew Taylor
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.