resolution does not match between monitors, although both are set to 1920 x 1080

On an HP Windows 10 laptop, I have the Plugable USB 3.0 device with the same two ViewSonic 22" IPS monitors. The primary is plugged in with HDMI and the second with DVI, in extend mode. However, the pixel resolution is different between them. Although I am not sure I am using the correct term. For example, if I open “Display Settings” on my primary it is small and clear. Then if I drag it over to the 2nd monitor, it grows to be larger than the screen. Even the icons along he tool bar are larger on the 2nd monitor.

I figured HDMI and DVI would give me the best resolution, but they are not matching. Do you have any recommendations to get the 2nd monitor to match the 1st?

I love having dual monitors so overall this is a great solution, but it is distracting to have the different resolutions between the 2 monitors.

Thanks.

Hi AJS,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. I am sorry that you are experiencing such a strange error, but I would be happy to assist.

Based on the configuration of the monitors, the monitor types and the connections you are using, I am wondering if the scale and layout for your two monitors is different. Would it be possible to send over a screen shot of the “Display Settings” so that I can see the display numbers, resolution, scale settings etc. for both displays? This may involve selecting each display, and sending me over a screenshot of the “display settings” with each display highlighted.

Also, if you could please keep everything connected and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps. To send them, please attach them via email and send to support@plugable.com with “Ticket #181742” as the subject line.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

I reached out to Andrew on this thread, as well as via email after he sent the logs through, but I have not heard a response back!

I advised andrew that the issue was actually due to the text and icon size settings he had configured for each monitor, one was at 100% at 1080P and the other was at 125% at 1080P, so I sent over instructions for rectifying the situation, but have no heard back

If you have any additional questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach via email to our support email, support@plugable.com

Thank you,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support

Clearly, this was dumb-user error. Great support by the team at Plugable and I continue to really enjoy the product. I have since bought it for a 2nd computer in the house because we are so pleased.

Thanks!

Hi Andrew,

I am so glad that everything is connected and working correctly! Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns in the future.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support