Rectangular, color artifacts on the UD-5900

Just installed the Plugable 5900 with two external monitors. I immediately noticed small colored rectangles blinking on the screen. It occurs somewhat randomly, but frequently show up when displayed rich, saturated colors. I’ve made a video of this here: https://youtu.be/anUtrxS6Q9A (quality isn’t that great, but go second 55 where I get the camera closer and you can see the rectangular artifacts easier).

The effect is similar to what is described in this issue http://support.plugable.com/plugable/…], but I am not pressing on the Plugable device. I have two laptops, and the issue occurs with both. Disconnecting a monitor seems to help somewhat. Using different video cables had no effect, but replacing the Plugable-supplied 3.0 cable with a different one *significantly* reduced the artifacts. Given this, does it sound like a cable issue, or perhaps something else? If it is the cable, what can I do to ensure the artifacts stay away?

Thank you - Rich

Using the latest Windows 10 drivers.

Details:
Monitor #1: Dell U2415 at 1920x1200
Monitor #2: ASUS VS238 at 1920x1020

Dell 7710 with Nvidia Quadro M4000 graphics
Asus TP300 with Intel HD Graphics 4400

Hi Rich,

Thanks for posting, and I would be happy to help with your docking station.

Thank you very much for the great detail you provided and for making the video. I know how hard it can be to capture behavior like that and you did a great job.

Given your testing and results with both systems, it may be that the USB 3.0 cable or the unit itself are faulty so we will want to proceed with sending you a complete replacement that has been pretested in our lab to ensure everything is working properly from a hardware perspective.

If you would, please send an email to support@plugable.com with ‘For Ticket 156386’ in the subject line (to help us match things up) along with your original Amazon Order ID number, the serial number from the bottom of the device and your preferred shipping address and we can get the replacement process started. I do apologize for what appears to be a faulty unit and thank you for the chance to make things right!

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support