Recommended docking station for an HP Envy x360 laptop?

What docking station would be compatible with an HP Envy x360 15M-DR0011DX laptop? You can view the spec sheet here for more information on the device. I would need to have dual 32" LED IPS monitors and be able to attach printer, mouse/keyboard, and various other devices at given times. I would like to to last for a good while if possible. Any recommendations is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for posting!

Thanks for providing that specifications link. I see that specifications state “1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (5 Gb/s signaling rate, Power Delivery 3.0, DisplayPort™ 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge)”.

This would suggest that any of our USB-C docking stations would be a good fit. I would recommend our USB-C UD-ULTCDL Docking Station. You’ll be able to drive up to three displays via two HDMI ports and one DVI port, as well as have access to an audio in and out port, while staying charged with up to 60W of power. Please see its product page for more information: https://plugable.com/products/ud-ultcdl/

I do want to be transparent and let you know that while the specifications appear to be compatible with our USB-C docks, we haven’t tested this system in our labs nor have we received customer reports about it, so we cannot guarantee that it will be compatible. If you elect to purchase the UD-ULTCDL and find that it doesn’t meet your needs, we do offer a 30 day no-hassle return policy fulfilled by Amazon (FBA).

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Mitchell

Awesome! Thank you, Mitchell! I appreciate the quick response. I did have one other question. According to the laptop’s specifications, would the UD-ULTC4K be compatible as well?

The reason I ask is that it appears the UD-ULTCDL dock you recommended only displays resolutions @ 30Hz and the UD-ULTC4K displays them @60Hz, I also see that it has 2 displayport connections as oppose to the HDMI connections. I hear that displayport provides a better picture and higher resolutions. Is this correct?

Thank you!

Thanks for asking!

The UD-ULTC4K is also an option that I would expect to be compatible (but same disclaimer above applies). However, there are a few points you mentioned that I’d like to clarify.

1. For the UD-ULTCDL, the only time a display refreshes at 30Hz is when a 4K display is connected to the “HDMI 4K” port on the dock. For all resolutions below 4K, the displays refresh at 60hz. I would not recommend the UD-ULTC4K unless you are looking to use 4K monitors.
  2. It isn’t necessarily the case that DisplayPort provides a better picture and higher resolutions. That depends on the DisplayPort specification. The DisplayPort ports on the UD-ULTC4K supports DP 1.2, which provides for a maximum of 4K@60Hz.

I hope this helps clarify!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.