Questions about the TB3 to Duel HDMI 2.O adapter (TBT3-HDMI2X-83)

Hi im a current owner of a new MacBook Pro 15 in, 2017

i want to attach 4 external monitors can this be done using 2x TB3 to Duel HDMI 2.0 adapter (one in each TB3 port) i know my model has support for up to 4 external monitors.

Follow up, if i run windows 10 in a virtuliazed environment, will the external monitors be able to be picked up?

1.High Sierra 10.12.6, 2.8hz i7, Intel HD Graphics 630 and Radeon Pro 555 video cards

1. tech specs say support for up to four displays with 3840-by-2160 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors

Hi Randall,

Thanks for posting!

To your question, yes, you can use two of our Thunderbolt 3 Dual Display HDMI adapters (TBT3-HDMI2X-83 -> https://plugable.com/products/tbt3-hd…) to add four external displays to your MacBook Pro 15" model. One important note, they must be connected to Thunderbolt 3 ports on the opposite of the laptop in order for this to work.

We have not tested running Windows 10 in a virtualized environment on the Mac, so we cannot guarantee that the displays will be recognized by an operating system running within a virtual machine (I would presume it would NOT work).

That said, if you are running Windows 10 via a Bootcamp installation on the physical laptop hardware the displays will work.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support