Questions about initial setup

Initial Setup Question

1. How do I setup the power cord/adapter? Specifically the prongs, how do I get them to extend out?
  2. Is the USB that connects the pluggable to the pc the one that looks like a printer usb? If it is that one that how do I get the benefit of the 3.0 USB?
  3. I don’t understand the sequence of steps relating to installing the driver?

Hi Lance,

Thanks for posting your question here! Since you have not mentioned which product you have, I’m assuming that you have a unit of Plugable UD-3000 and my replies are based on that:

1. There is a snap in plug adapter which is enclosed separately with the power adapter, USB 3.0 cable, DVI to VGA adapter and DVI to HDMI adapter in the package with the Plugable UD-3000. You need to connect this snap in plug adapter so that you can connect the power adapter to a power socket.

2. There is only one USB cable enclosed in the package. It is a USB 3.0 cable. It has connectors that are similar to a USB 2.0 cable that is used for connecting a printer but this is the USB 3.0 version of that. If you connect the Plugable UD-3000 to a USB 3.0 port on the system it will use the additional bandwidth of USB 3.0.

You can also use your USB 2.0 printer cable to connect the dock to the system as USB 3.0 is backward compatible with USB 2.0. However, the product would drop down to USB 2.0 mode and will not utilize the additional bandwidth of USB 3.0.

1. On a Windows system, if Windows update is enabled and the system has Internet connectivity when the Plugable UD-3000 is connected for the first time, the drivers for the product would be automatically downloaded and installed if you are logged in as a user with administrative rights on the system.

If Windows Update is not enabled or if the system does not have Internet connectivity when the Plugable UD-3000 is connected, then you would have to do a manual install. You can install the drivers either from the CD enclosed in the package or download and install it from http://plugable.com/products/UD-3000/…

Hope the above information helps! If the product you have is not Plugable UD-3000 or you need any additional information, just shoot us an email at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze