Purchasing a UD3900

I have a Surface Pro 3 and I have bought a Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock (Model DU9019D1) and I haven’t been able to get it working. The symptoms are it connects and displays the two external screens for a time, and then the screens flicker, go into standby mode and then I get a systray message saying that the USB device is not recognizable.
I will be returning this device, and would like to buy the pluggable equivalent, but would like to be assured that it will work. I have two external monitors, each with a DVI port. What other adapters will I need to get both external monitors working?

Thanks,

Travis.

Hi Travis,

Thanks for posting. I’d be happy to answer your question!

Based on your description of the symptoms with the Lenovo dock, it sounds like the device is faulty.

Our UD-3900 is the closest equivalent to the Lenovo dock and many of our customers are using Surface Pro 3 tablets, but ours has one HDMI output and one DVI output as opposed to the dual DVI of the Lenovo. In addition to our dock you would just need to purchase an inexpensive HDMI->DVI cable. A cable that some of our customers have reported good results with is here –> http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters%C…

If you elect to proceed with your purchase, we stand by our products with a 1-year warranty, lifetime email support and a 30-day no-hassle return policy via the automated system at amazon.com/returns.

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support