Purchase additional longer Gooseneck?

Hi,

Using the microscope to photo coins etc. and it works well. Is it possible to purchase an additional gooseneck and female to female adapter and connect the two together to raise the camera up higher? Or is there a longer gooseneck option? I’m having to attach suction-cup to jar to raise it up higher to enlarge field of view. I do realize that camera will bouce around more but using the control in the software to take pictures instead of back of camera seems to work well for minimizing shake.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I’m glad to see the microscope is working for you overall! No, unfortunately we don’t have a longer goose neck or additional parts for sale.

But, the microscope stand was designed with modularity in mind, all threads are 1/4"-20, which is the same as all camera mounts. This means that the microscope can be attached to nearly any tripod or camera mount out there, or modified to fit a custom mount.

For example, something like this: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1508677-REG/platypod_1018_stackable_goosnecks_2_pack.html might work. (This is just an example of a product style that could work. I would definitely suggest to do some research on brand/style and a sales platform that works best for you.) You’ll definitely want to keep the length of the USB plug in mind when looking for a new part or extension. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Kevin
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.