Problem with the screen going half-blank randomly - UGA-2K (4 units)

I have a setup with 4 pluggble units, one vga monitor run off the laptop and the laptop screen. It works great and I love it, but since geetting a new computer (same operating system, same manufacturer - different video card, more memory) it seems like anytime I have a screen that is heavy in motion (not video, but webads and the like), or has a large load, the affected monitor will bug out and go half-blank - the other half shows up fine - the blank half has pixellated fuzziness but won’t display even a ghost of an image. The failure does not affect the other monitors in this array.

Unplugging the USB or that monitor and plugging it back in fixes the problem, but is inconvenient. I have the latest drivers, and it does not seem to be a resolution or monitor specific problem because a) I have one monitor at 1366x768 (VGA), one at 1920x1080 (DVI), and two inverted protrait at 1080x1920 (VGA) and b)they are two Acer and two Viewsonic.

The current laptop is Toshiba Satellite S870, i7 3630QM @ 2.4GHz, 16GB and 64 bit on Win 7 Pro.

It worked on the old machine without fail and was a fantastic fix. Any suggestions?

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your question here! The root cause for every report we have had for this issue was a software component installed on the system.

Could you run the DisplayLink Support Tool (instructions here: http://plugable.com/support/displayli…) on the new system and send the .zip generated on the desktop to support@plugable.com as an attachment along with your Amazon Order ID and a link to this thread?

The .zip will give us a better insight as to what is going on the software side. Once we analyze the .zip we will be able to suggest the steps to resolve the issue quickly.

Regards,
Roze

For the benefit of anyone who is interested:

The issue that Robert saw was caused by older drivers installed on the system for the USB Host controller. Updating to the latest drivers fixed the issue.

If you see a similar issue on your system, please run the DisplayLink Support tool (instructions here: http://plugable.com/support/displayli… ) with our product connected to the system and email the resulting .zip to support@plugable.com along with your Amazon order ID and a link to this thread?

Analyzing the .zip will help us in determining if the cause of the issue you are seeing is the same and what would be the steps to take to resolve the issue quickly.

Regards,
Roze