Power over Ethernet Yes or No?

Should this device be giving me power over Ethernet? I am connecting my USB 2.0 OTG Micro-B Ethernet Adapter 10/100Mbps to my pocket wi-fi then to my desktop’s ethernet port on the 5 gigabyte NIC card. NO POWER? Win 10 Pro

The USB2-OTGE100 does not provide power to devices it is attached to, and does not support Power over Ethernet (PoE).

I am sorry if this is not the answer you were hoping for, but I hope it helps.

PoE would be nice. Especially in combination with USB PD (Power Delivery).

I would like to use my Mi X5 as a ip security camera. So my phone needs data (that works) and power (doesn’t work with this model).

In your list of supported phones for USB OTG you can add the Mi X5 (about USD 200 at aliexpress.)

So if you connect to a POE port on a switch, it will not charge the phone, but is it safe to plug into a POE+ port? Will it hurt the device or the phone?

You would need to check if your PoE switch has auto-sensing PoE ports. If it has auto-sensing ports, then it won’t try to send additional power to non-PoE devices and would be safe to use.

I am also going to look at the port config and see if I can disable POE on a port basis.

Just wondering if the RJ45 pins for power might not be connected to the device and thus not an issue.