Power light is not working

Hello Plugable Support Employee.

I have recently received a “Plugable USB 3.0 Dual 4k Display Horizontal Docking Station” as a gift, and I could not help but notice but the Blue light that is supposed to ensure the Docking Station is on is not turning on.

I have followed the instructions that came with the Docking Station and have downloaded and updated all drivers necessary. But it is not working for my computer.

Is there anything I am doing wrong or anything I am forgetting. Thank you for your support

• Aiden

Hi Aiden,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry the docking station is not powering on as expected and I am happy to help!

Based on your description I would like to start by resetting the docking station and computer to see if this helps to restore the functionality, please perform the following:

1. Disconnect the docking station from the computer and remove the power connection from the back of the docking station, unplug all USB devices from the docking station
  2. Disconnect the docking station’s power supply from the wall and let both the docking station and power supply sit for 30-90 seconds to fully discharge
  3. Restart the computer: In Windows 10: Start → ( Power Icon ) → Restart
  4. After 30-90 seconds, reconnect the power supply to the wall socket or power strip
  5. Reconnect the power supply to the docking station
  • verify the blue power LED is illuminated on the front of the docking station, please let me know if the LED does not come on at this point
  1. Reconnect the docking station to the computer, please verify the USB cable is fully seated on both the docking station and the computer
  • check for the external displays to be detected on the system, if they are not detected please restart the system and let me know if they are not detected after the restart
  1. Reconnect USB devices to the docking station one at a time, test each device to make sure it is working before connecting the next device.

Please let me know if this helps, if not please send our support team an email at ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #314921 - Attention Pat’. Please include in the email the Amazon Order ID ( available from amazon.com/orders ) for the original purchase of the docking station, or attach a PDF or screenshot of the invoice/receipt of purchase and we will start the warranty process for this docking station.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello Aiden,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com