Possible conflict with ASUS Armoury Crate?

I had no problems with my PC or dock yesterday. ASUS Armoury Crate updated this morning. Since the update, I’ve had an issue a couple dozen times today where the dock (UD-ULTC4K) will completely disconnect from the PC for a split second and then immediately reconnect. This causes all arranged windows to move to Screen 1, and drops my network connection so I lose connectivity to remote applications. I thought it was a hardware problem with the dock itself, so I switched it out for a brand new dock – including the included new power and USB-C cables – but the problem persists. It then dawned on me that every time there’s a connection issue, ASUS Armory Crate will pop up above the system tray and remind me to monitor my GPU usage. So I think Armoury Crate might be the culprit. Has anyone else run into this? Short of uninstalling Armory Crate, which I don’t really want to do since it has some features that I use to manage my laptop’s performance, I don’t know what else to try. My laptop is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 GU603.

Hi Dean,

Thanks for contacting us! I am sorry this is not working as expected.

The most common cause of displays resetting to the laptop’s built-in display is out of date graphics drivers that do not match either the current version of Windows or the DisplayLink software required for two of the docking station’s outputs. We have been seeing an ongoing issue where computers with fully up to date Windows 10 or 11 have been receiving graphics drivers 1-2 years out of date from Windows Update often resulting in similar disconnections.

Regarding ASUS Armoury Crate Application, it is possible this is simply reacting to the display event or could be affecting the system’s graphics causing this behavior.

Based on your description of the behavior, our first step is to get some additional information from your system to check for any out of date drivers and to help recommend the correct drivers for your specific system configuration.

If you would, please keep the dock connected to the computer with monitor(s) connected to the docking station (even though one may not be working) and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #384623 - Attention Pat’ as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Thanks, Pat. Logs are sent.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.