Port B doesn't work

I just installed my new USB 2,9 sharing switch on my printer. USB cables from both computers work in port A, but neither cable works in Port B, so I have to unplug to switch between computers. Please advise.

Hi Susan,

Thanks for contacting us. I’m sorry something seems amiss with your switch. Let me make sure I understand your scenario.

You have one cable connecting the USB port on Computer A into the A port on the switch.

You have the other cable connecting the USB port on Computer B into the B port on the switch.

The printer is connected from the USB port on the opposite side of the switch from the A/B ports.

If you press the button on the top of the switch so that the green LED indicator shows Computer A with the connection, you can print.

If you press the button on the top of the switch so that the red LED indicator shows Computer B with the connection, you cannot print.

If you swap Computer B’s cable into the A port on the switch and vice versa, printing from the former Computer B (now on port A) works when the LED is green. But printing from the former Computer A (now on port B), no longer works when the LED is red.

Please let me know if I’ve understood the problem accurately. If I have not, please let me know where my description is not correct. Once you confirm or correct my picture of your configuration and the problem you are facing, I will continue the troubleshooting process. Just reply to this response to reach me.

Sorry again that all is not working as it should be. I will do my best to get the problem solved as quickly as possible.

Best Regards,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies

I have same problem as Susan. What was your answer to her?

Hi Ernie,

Thanks for contacting us, and I’m sorry to hear that your switch isn’t functioning properly. We’ll take care of the problem, whatever it is. I just need to get a little more information to confirm that you’re seeing the exact problem Susan had.

1. What device do you have connected to the switch?

2. If you plug this device directly into a USB port on either computer connected to the switch, can the computer use it properly?

3. When you press the button on the top of the switch, does the LED change from green to red.

4. If you reverse the port A and B plugs, is whatever is plugged into port B (which has the active connection when the switch LED is red) always unable to access the device?

Just reply to this message to reach me.

Best Regards,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies