Hello, thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear of this behavior and I’ll be happy to help.
Based off of your description we will want to reinstall the DisplayLink software and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool to make sure that the software is in a good state. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the adapter from your system. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=64
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.5 M2 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+8.5+M2.exe
- Reconnect the adapter to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation
Please let us know if these steps help or not and we will go from there.