Plugging in HDMI to USB device ISSUES (uga-2khdmi)

Evening,

I have dual Dell monitors. I am running Windows 10 and have the most up to date version for the plugable uga-2khdmi. When I plug the device into my laptop my screen flickers intensely and my monitor stays disconnected.

Prior to today’s problem I had no issues with the device. I had unplugged the device to move my computer and upon reconnecting the device, this issue has occured.

Hello, thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear of this behavior and I’ll be happy to help.

Based off of your description we will want to reinstall the DisplayLink software and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool to make sure that the software is in a good state. To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect the adapter from your system. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
  2. Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel → Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
  3. Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here → http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=64
  4. Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
  5. Now download and install the 8.5 M2 DisplayLink software, found here → https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+8.5+M2.exe
  6. Reconnect the adapter to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation

Please let us know if these steps help or not and we will go from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks for the reply. Right after I posted I updated my Displaylink and fixed the issue. It seems some update driver applications (driver navigator) actually install a few patches prior to the recent updates which screwed up the device.

All is fixed now.

Thanks for the update and great to hear!

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support