Plugable usb3-switch2 wont switch back to monitor

I bought a usb3-switch 2 switch and a plugable 3.0 ud3900 docking station. Everything works fine when switching from the desktop to the laptop, but when I try to switch back the monitors will not switch back. only the keyboard and the mouse do. If I unplug the laptop and then unplug the desktop and plug it back in the desktop will come up on the monitor. (This defeats the purpose of the switch however). I have tried switching cables, I have tried switching usb ports. None of this works.

I have seen other posts with people having this problem and tried all of the things suggested and the threads ends and is closed with no resolution.

Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your USB3-SWITCH2 is not functioning as expected, and would be happy to provide additional support.

For my reference, does the dock work as expected when plugged directly into either your laptop or desktop (bypassing the switch)?

Moving forward, to help diagnose the issue, may I ask you to please keep the device connected to your desktop and everything still attached (even if not working as expected) and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug? → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

Once you have the logs, simply send an email to support@plugable.com with the subject line of “Ticket 365692” so that we can prioritize that case and match it to this inquiry.

If you could provide your Amazon Order ID (or other proof of purchase) associated with your Plugable device, I would be happy to check on your warranty status as well.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.