plugable usb to serial adapter does not work with windows 10

The drivers for the plugable usb to serial adapter do not work with Windows 10. Is there anoter driver that can be used ? Thanks.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting about your USB serial adapter.

If you have upgraded from Windows 7 or 8, it should use the existing drivers. Otherwise, Windows 10 should download the correct drivers from Windows Update when you plug in the adapter. It could be either the driver isn’t being downloaded correctly or isn’t being installed.

Could you please tell me what symptoms your are seeing? For example, are you seeing an error message? Or is is just not communication with the connected device? This will help troubleshoot the issue.

Also, have you successfully used this adapter with an earlier version of Windows?

Thanks!

David
Plugable Support

Thanks for your response. I do not get an error message at all. It does not see the device when plugged in. My tablet was running Win 8.1 before the Win 10 upgrade and the adapters worked fine. When I look in the device manager at the adapter, ithas the yellow triangle on it and it states in the configuration that no driver has been found. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more information.

John

Hi John,

Thank you for the additional information.

We have a troubleshooting tool that can help find out what is going on in situations like this. With the adapter plugged in and your headphone connected, please go to this page, and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

It will driver installation logs and device information in a zip file on your desktop named after your computer. Please send this file directly to us at our support addrress: support@plugable.com.

Thanks!

David