Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter pluggable but not playable??

Hi, I bough Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter (Prolific PL2303HX Chipset) and have an adapter to allow 9pin to 15pin plug into my Samsung monitor from a Laptop. Samsung multiscreen driver cannot sense Samsung monitor. The monitor seems to highlight the ‘PC input’ but no screen is showing up and I cannot activate the port as I have no multiscreen drive . can you help. KW

Hi Karl,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry adapter will not work in this configuration.

To expand on my answer, the USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter does not output a VGA signal to drive the display, but rather an RS-232 signal which can be used to connect to other RS-232 capable serial devices such as serial attached modems, or the programming interface on some routers or switches.

A VGA ( DB15 pin connector ) can be connected to a USB to VGA adapter such as our USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI/VGA Adapter ( https://plugable.com/products/uga-3000 ).

If you would like to return the USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter, please send us an email at support@plugable.com with the subject line “Ticket #218090 - Attention Pat” and I can get started on the return process, and answer any additional questions you might have.

I am sorry this adapter will not work in this configuration.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hello Karl,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support