PLUGABLE USB-C TRIPLE DISPLAY - USB Ports Not Working

Purchased UD-ULTCDL triple display USB dock, using it with HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2 running Windows 10, plugged in via USB-C cable provided with the dock into the USB-C thunderbolt port on the laptop. The USB-C thunderbolt port is capable of alt mode.

I have 3 external monitors plugged up directly into the USB dock, 1 via 4K HDMI, 1 via other HDMI and the last via DVI port. In addition I have Ethernet cable plugged in along with mouse and keyboard via USB ports on the back. All 3 displays work, 2 via displaylink and 1 via alt mode. The Ethernet connection works as well. However none of the USB ports work, have tried them all. The USB light in the front doesn’t light up either, only the blue power light turns on.

I tried to resolve the issue by swapping to different cables, I also have a USB-A to USB-C cable which I used. I plugged in the USB-A cable into the USB-A port on the laptop and the result is 2 display works (because alt mode not available on the USB-A port), Ethernet works, along with all the USB ports. This is not ideal however since I purchased the dock to have 1 connection solution, 1 USB-C connection for all my devices.

Does anyone know what is wrong with the the USB-C connection? I have updated the displaylink driver as specified on the website. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @johnnydebt,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock into your computer with the C to C cable that the dock was shipped with, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies