Plugable USB-C Triple Display Docking Station with Charging Support/Power Delivery for Specific Windows and Mac USB Type-C

Hello,

Docking station has been working great, but all of a sudden it no longer charges any devices on any of the ports. Nor does it allow for displaying to external monitors.

Tried unplugging power multiple times and the front LED turns on, but cannot charge a cell phone with a working cable (tested with other cables and same result).

Can we get a replacement docking station as it appears this one is no longer working?

Thank you !

Support ticket was also created via Amazon, here’s order info from amazon (device is 4 months old!).

(#216679)

Order ID 113-9734678-3453858:
1 of Plugable USB-C Triple Display Docking Station with Charging Support/Power Delivery for Specific Windows and Mac USB Type-C and Thunderbolt 3 Systems

Hi Lance,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist!

Based on the description of the issue, we may be running into an issue associated with the USB-C to USB-C based connection that allows the docking station to be properly connected to your system. I do want to review the log files of your system before immediately jumping to a replacement unit to ensure that everything is installed properly.

Since you have messaged us via Amazon Marketplace, it is not possible to send over attachments. With this in mind, when you have a moment, could you please visit http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug and follow the instructions for downloading and installing the PlugDebug application. Once the application finishes running, you can then attach it to a direct message, and email it to support@plugable.com. Please include “Ticket No.216679” in the subject line.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hey Marc,

Not sure what this test will tell me. The unit is plugged into the wall and won’t charge a cell phone - seems to reason the device is not outputting any power on ANY of the usb ports.

Thanks,

Hi Lance,

Thank you so much for letting me know! The UD-ULTCDL does not have any individual ports that provide “BC 1.2” charging abilities, and only supports USB charging via the hub (USB charging allows for 500mAh which may not be enough for some devices).

The PlugDebug application will allow me to view the log files and see if all of the various chipsets are connecting and communicating with the system, as it looks like both the displays and the USB ports are not functioning. If you could follow the original instructions I sent over, I can see if the chipset needs to be fully reset, or the docking station is in-fact faulty.

The only Power Delivery that is available from the UD-ULTCDL is from the docking station to the host, via USB-C. The USB ports on the docking station perform as a basic USB 3.0 hub, and do not have “Smart Charging (BC 1.2)” abilities.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks Marc. That makes sense for why it does not charge then. I’ve sent the info to support as requested.