Plugable USB-C Triple Display Docking Station 4K HDMI Port no display

Hi Team,

I have a Dell XPS 13 9360 which has all the Dell and Windows Drivers fully up to date. I’m running BIOS 1.3.5 and when connected to a Plugable USB-C Triple Display Docking Station I run in Airplane Mode.

I have Two Plugable USB-C Triple Display Docking Station, one in my office at work and the other in my home office. I have connected to both Dicking Station two Asus HDMI VS248HR Monitors. Both Plugable’s are connected to both networks using a network cable.

My Docking Station in the office works with very few issues however recently my Docking Station at home has stopped displaying to both Asus screens. I can connect either screen to the 2K HDMI Port and the screen displays with no issues.

When plugging either screen in to the 4K HDMI port Windows detects the screen is there however there is no display.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

Hello Chris,

Thanks for contacting Plugable support. Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

If you haven’t already done so, fully unplug the dock from all devices, power, and USB-C cable to the host computer. Wait about 30-60 seconds, then reconnect the power cable first, USB-C host cable next, and USB devices last. Sometimes a reset in this order can resolve this issue.

Let me know if that doesn’t help.

Thanks,
Josh

Hi Josh,

I disconnected all devices from the Plugable and powered it down. I left it in this state whilst I had breakfast however I’m still getting the same issue.

Any other suggestions?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for trying!

Since you have one dock that works well, and the other is not, we may want to just replace the dock under warranty. I’ll contact you directly via email to ask for some information to send the replacement.

Thanks,
Josh