Plugable USB C to M.2 NVMe Died!

Hi,
I’ve been using Plugable external ssd enclosure since 2 months ago. Suddenly today, it stopped working and doesn’t recognize my hard disk… I can see the eject button on the task bar, but no hard disk is showing up. I just tried to update the firmware but it said Failed around 97%!
It used to disconnect and connect once every once in a while but today totally stopped… I’m worried if it damaged my hard disk.
I was using a Samsung 970 EVO NVME.
I’d appreciate your help.
Thanks

After updating the firmware (and failed) it doesn’t show anything anymore… and the light doesn’t turn on either!

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I would like to start the warranty replacement process.

Please send a direct email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #322981 - attention Pat’ and we can start the warranty replacement process for the enclosure.

It isn’t likely that the SSD was damaged by the enclosure but we will know for sure after testing the SSD with the replacement enclosure.

Thank you, and I apologize for this inconvenience.

Pat
Plugable
support@plugable.com

Hi,

Thank you for your message. I was really hoping that it is not my SSD and the enclosure is not functioning properly. Sure, I’ll send an email right away.

Thanks and Best regards

Hi Hajir,

Thank you for emailing our support team directly, I have replied back to your email.

I will leave this thread open for the time being in case there are any problems with the direct email communications, and close this thread when the replacement has been verified.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable
support@plugable.com

Just wanted to say thank you here for helping me to fix my problem quickly.
It was a very quick response and I received a replacement for my faulty device.
Plugable support you are the best. Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Hajir,

You’re very welcome! I am glad we could help to get this resolved and that the replacement is working as expected!

I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, if you have any additional questions please feel free to start a new thread or contact us directly via email at ‘support@plugable.com’.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com