Plugable USB-C 4K Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

I have a USB-C 4K which disconnects and reconnects. This has become a nuisance as when the docking station disconnents, all contents are moved to my primary monitor. When it automatically reconnects, I have to rearrange my extend monitor (the docking station). I’m running the latest DisplayLink drivers and have disables USB-C power saving options. Are you able to assist?

For anyone following this thread, the customer has reached out to us directly and we are investigating further.

I will follow up on any findings.

Thanks!

MItchell

I have the exact same issue, I have to power off my laptop, power off the hub, and start from scratch at least once per day.

I’d be very interested in whatever you discover.

Cheers,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I’m afraid we haven’t received updates from the customer since our last reply.

To clarify more about your issue here, could you confirm you are using the original USB-C cable that came with the dock? I ask because not all USB-C cables are created equally, and some third-party cables can cause issues with our docks.

Assuming the original USB-C cable is being used, our next steps will be to request some logs from your system to best investigate further. Could you please keep the dock attached to your system, then navigate to our PlugDebug tool and follow the instructions there?

Please send the logs to us directly at support@plugable.com – do not post them here.

Thank you!

Mitchell

Looks like the PD of the unit is not very consistent. As of now, as long as I use my laptop power supply, the problem seems to have been resolved. Unfortunately, I was hoping I could use a single cable for power and data.

BTW, I’m using a 100W PD rated USB-C cable. I will give an OEM cable a try, however if there are no IC’s within the cable, I’m not sure if it will make a difference.

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your update.

Obviously, you shouldn’t have to keep the original power adapter connected in order to use the dock. Certainly do try swapping out the cable with the one included with the dock, but if you still experience issues, let me know.

Thanks!

Mitchell