Plugable USB-BT4LE driver installation issues

Running Windows 7. Upon plug in it tries to install , but I get “not successfully installed”. I downloaded the new BTW software as per your email, and during the first step “detect bluetooth device” I get an error, “Could not start Microsoft Bluetooth stack”.

Looking at the device manager, it shows the adapter with an error - Code 18, reinstall the drivers for this device. Upon hitting the “reinstall” it tells me the drivers are up to date, but the error code remains.

I tried compatibility troubleshooting and checked the blue tooth services, tried the various settings on support. No idea what else to try.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support about your Bluetooth adapter. I’m sorry to hear you are having troubles Installing the Bluetooth software. There are several different issues that can cause the error you are seeing. I’d like to ask a question, then ask you to try a simple solution that often solves this issue.

First of all, have you ever used any other bluetooth device on this computer? Bluetooth devices will only work with one stack (set) of software. If some parts of an older installation are still on your computer, that can cause problems.

Second, could you try the following procedure? It often solves this issue.

1, Run Windows update with the dongle plugged in, and install any critical or important updates. Install any optional updates related to Bluetooth.

1. Could you try plugging the adapter into a different port? Bluetooth is pretty sensitive to interference, and sometimes another device in the computer, such as a Wifi adapter, can cause the dongle to fail if it is plugged into a nearby port.

2. Please download the stack file directly from Broadcom, at this URL if you haven’t already:

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluet…

Before installing, please right-click on the icon for the .exe file, select Properties, click the Compatibility tab, put a check in the box that says “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and set Windows XP (Service Pack 3). Click OK, then right-click again, and select “Run as administrator.” Click Yes in the User Account Control box that is displayed.

This often allows the installation to complete on a Windows 7 machine.

Thank you very much. Please let me know how it goes.

David

I think we’re corresponding via email too if you want to just respond in one place.

I had done all listed above, except the Windows update is actually failing the Broadcom update. Error code# 80070103 which states : " If you receive Windows Update error 80070103 while installing updates, you might be trying to install a driver that is already installed on your computer or a driver that might be less compatible than one you already have installed"