Plugable USB-BT4LE appears connected to BT Speaker but sound is not transmitted

I installed USB-BT4LE on my Dell laptop running Windows 10. Blue light on, driver installed, finds my Mediabridge BT speaker, pairs with it, and on the Bluetooth Device manager it says it is connected, but the sound does not transmit.

In the sound control panel it shows the Mediabridge stereo as being disconnected. When I right click it lists connect as an option but it does not connect. See pic:

Can you give me any ideas?

Hi Molly,

Thank you for posting about your Bluetooth adapter. I’m sorry it isn’t connecting with your speaker.

Probably the easiest way to understand what is causing the problem is to run our diagnostic program. I suspect some kind of problem with the driver installation, and the diagnostic program will gather the device driver and installation information that will help me see if that is the case.

Could you please plug in your Bluetooth adapter and follow the instructions in this link:

When you run the program, it will create a zip file on your desktop with your computer name and the date. Please send that file directly to our support email at

Please put “For Ticket #133959” in the subject line.


Plugable Support

I used a special driver emailed to me from plugable. I tried connecting a few times and still nothing. I left the airpods in my ears and was going to email them and was surprised about 60 seconds later to hear the chime in my ear and see that they were connected in the bluetooth device window. (I still heard nothing) I went to the sound window playback devices and it said that the headphones were disconnected (exactly as above). They would not connect there. I then disabled my speakers there and it still wouldn’t play sound. It said disconnected even though I knew I was connected. I had to leave and I took the airpods out of my ears and put them back in the case. They auto disconnected according to the bluetooth control window. When I came back and put them in my ear, they auto connected and auto switched to the “default device” in the sound playback device window and now they work.
Good Luck!