Plugable USB 3.1 Gen 2 NVMe Enclosure - d:\ is not accessible - incorrect function error

Hi,

Just purchased Plugable USB 3.1 Gen 2 NVMe Enclosure from amazon, using with the below SSD. I am receiving an error "d:\ is not accessible - incorrect function error on 2 computers. I updated the firmware based on another thread, but still showing same error, again both computers.

Drive: SSD M.2 2260 1TB Dogfish Ngff Internal Solid State Drive High Performance Hard Drive for Desktop Laptop SATA III 6Gb

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry, this M.2 SATA III SSD is not compatible with our enclosure.

The Plugable USBC-NVME is compatible only with M.2 NVMe SSDs, SATA III SSDs require a different USB bridge chipset and will not be correctly detected by the computer when installed into this enclosure.

If you do not have a compatible NVMe SSD to use with the enclosure please feel free to contact our support team directly at ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #331062 - Attention Pat’ and let me know the Amazon Order ID ( available from Amazon.com/orders ) and I can help to start the return process, or I would be happy to send some links to compatible NVMe SSDs that can be used with this enclosure.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed and we can go from here.

I apologize for this inconvenience and look forward to your reply email.

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com