Plugable USB 3.0 will not power up

I have a Plugable USB 3.0 model UD-3900. New one month ago. last week I tried to unplug in to move it, and when i plugged it back in it would not power up at all.

• still powerless in Seattle

Hi Tom,

Thanks for contacting us, I am sorry the docking station is not powering up.

Lets start by trying to reset the docking station and checking the power to the unit, please perform the following:

1. Disconnect the docking station from all other devices including the power supply
  2. Unplug the power supply from the wall power or power strip
  3. Let the docking station and power supply sit for 30 seconds
  4. Verify the power supply has the detachable prongs fully seated and snapped into place
  5. Connect the power supply to a known-good electrical socket
  6. Connect the power supply cable to the back of the docking station and check for the blue power LED on the front of the docking station

Thank you for your patience, please let me know if the power LED comes on,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

thanks pat

did that list… i couldn’t get the detachable prongs on the power supply off but they seem to be in the right position and well seated.

changed to an outlet i tested with a lamp just before.

I get no blue LED on the docking station

did it burn a fuse?

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am sorry, it sound like either a failed power supply or the docking station has failed. I am happy to get the return process started.

At this point I would like to transfer this to direct email support to protect your private information.

Please send an email to support@plugable.com using the subject line “Ticket #212051 - UD-3900 defective exchange - Pat” and please include the following information:

1. The Amazon Order ID from the original purchase of the docking station ( available from amazon.com/orders )
  2. The serial number of the docking station, this can be found on the bottom of the docking station
  3. Your preferred shipping address for sending a replacement docking station

The provided information will let me verify the warranty and have our lab send a pretested replacement docking station.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hello Tom,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support