Plugable USB 3.0 - HDMI works but DVI/VGA port doesn't work when connecting to monitors

I have Plugable USB 3.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station for Windows (Dual Video HDMI and DVI/VGA) docking station. Everything works except the second monitor through DVI/VGA port! The HDMI port also works. Can you please help! I got this dock so I can use dual monitors and its not working as it says it should.

To connect the second monitor: I am using DVI to VGA adapter that came with the dock station and VGA to VGA cable from adapter to the monitor. I tried 2 different laptops but same issue in both (Lenovo Flex 5, Lenovo T470p).

Hi there, thanks for your post!

Due to the weekend our support is somewhat limited. Our experts are scheduled to be back on Monday so we can help in more depth with this issue then.

In the meantime I’d like to gather more information for our experts. Could you please contact us at support@plugable.com and reference case #289489 in the subject?

With your message, please include:

• Your Amazon Order ID for the dock
• The make and model of your monitor(s)
• Also, please run our diagnostic program. It will gather device information and installation logs that will help our expert understand what is happening.

To do this, please have the dock plugged into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Thank you for your patience until we can assist further!

Hi, not sure if you solved this yet, but I came across this when having the same problem. I found a solution for my issue and wanted to share in case it helps you (and others) too. It was pretty simple once I found it, just took a long time to find!

You need to open display settings in windows (easiest way is to right click on your desktop background and select “display settings”). Then scroll down to the “multiple displays”, which will be near the bottom. In the drop down selection, choose “extend these displays” - duplicate would also work I think, but probably not what you are trying to do. This fixed it instantly for me, hopefully it does for you too :slight_smile:

Issue is resolved!!! Basically the second monitor has 2 ports - HDMI & VGA. I had connected the laptop with VGA port and from the monitor, HDMI cable was also plugged in (second end of HDMI cable was not plugged in anywhere). When I removed the HDMI cable from the monitor, it instantly detected the laptop connection via VGA port! :slight_smile:

So i guess monitor was confused on what to connect to and was giving HDMI a higher priority. Taking it out solved the issue! Thanks guys :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.