I have time warner cable internet speed of 300 mpbs download and 20 upload. my plugable 3.0 ehternet adapter is giving me 20 download and 5 upload. whats happening??
Thank you for contacting us about your Plugable adapter. I’m sorry you are having troubles getting the speeds you are hoping for.
There are a lot of variables that can affect speed. Typically, if this adapter is having problems, it wouldn’t impact speed the way you are seeing. It would usually show up in other ways. I’d be happy to work with you to find out what the issue might be. Of course if it turns out to be a problem with the adapter, we will send a replacement if it is under warranty.
Could you please tell me your setup?
- What kind of computer are you connecting the adapter to?
- How are you connecting? Through a router or switch or directly to the cable modem.
- Are there other computers on the network?
One thing to check right away is to make sure other Ethernet adapters and Wifi are turned off when you are using the Plugable adapter. Otherwise, the computer may use them by default.
- My computer is a HP pavilion desktop.
- I have an ethernet cable connected to a modem/router (all in one) which is connected to the plugable USB 3.0 which is of course plugged into the desktop’s USB port.
- Only my desktop and PS4 but the PS4 is not on when I ran the tests.
I’m sorry for the delay in responding.
We have a troubleshooting tool that can help find out what is going on in situations like this. With the adapter connected to your network and computer, please go to this page, and follow the instructions there:
It will create a zip file on your desktop named after your computer. Please email this directly to our support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.