Plugable USB 3.0 Dual Head Graphics Gigabit Ethernet Adapter randomly stop working on Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga 900 laptop

I have a Lenovo Yoga 900 laptop and am using the USB 3.0 Dual Head Graphics Gigabit Ethernet Adapter to connect to 2 external monitors. All works great for a while (like a couple of hours) and the I will randomly lose power to the adapter and the screens stop working. They basically just freeze on what ever they are on. I end up having to unplug the device, re-plug it back in and restart laptop. It usually starts working again immediately after I do that. I have Windows 10 and I have installed the updated drivers and tried both USB ports on my laptop. Any tips to prevent this from happening? Thank you!

Hi Brittni,

Thank for posting, and I would be happy to help.

Given your description of the behavior, it sounds like the Lenovo may be occasionally having trouble providing enough power to our adapter. To help rule out a specific USB port as the cause, can you try connecting the adapter to other USB ports on the system to see if the behavior is different?

If a different system than the Yoga is available to test with that would also help isolate the behavior, but understand if that isn’t possible.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support