Plugable usb 3.0 casued built-in audio on monitor to malfunction

After connecting (2) usb 3.0 plugables for (vga, hdmi, dvi) they worked just fine. However, my audio from monitors stopped working.

When looking at digital display audio (within sound), it says “not plugged in” now.

Any way to not mess up the plugables which are working very well AND get my sound working on my monitors. Yes, I know a work around is to use external speakers which is what I have done for quite a while. But I really need to use my speakers that are built-in to my monitors now. Thanks

Hi Jason!

Thanks for the post! I’m sorry you’re not getting sound on your monitors but I’m happy to help.

It sounds like the device you’re using is the UGA-3000 (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2E1MQA). Assuming that’s the case (and please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong), then this behavior is expected. The device is using a DVI connection which unfortunately does not transmit audio (even if you’re using the HDMI adapter).

That said, depending on the monitor you’re using, there might be an audio input built in that would let you run an audio cable from the computer to the monitor. There may be other alternatives as well. If you’re interested, please contact us at support@plugable.com and reference “Ticket #178040” in the subject.

Thank you!