Plugable USB 2.0 VGA Display Adapter not working on Dell Precision 7710 laptop

I ordered 2 usb 2.0 VGA display Adapter along with plugable USB 3.0 with 7 port hub. And tried to plug it in into my Dell laptop. When I plugged it in it starts to download and install drivers. But after reboot my laptop screen not able to boot up. After the driver installation the laptop screen just black dark screen. Had to restore the system in order to get my laptop screen back.

Thanks for getting in touch! I’d like to pull logs on your system to see what’s going on. Could you contact me at support@plugable.com and mention ticket #204256 so I can give you some instructions?

Found the solution, I was using the DisplayLink driver instead of Plugable website driver that is why it is not working. I tried the driver from Plugable website and it worked since I don’t have CD Rom on my laptop. The issue is solved now.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for getting back with the update, and I am glad that updating the DisplayLink driver to the version we recommend (https://plugable.com/drivers/displayl…) helped get things working properly.

Please let us know if you need any help in the future, and please have a good day!

Bob