Plugable USB 2.0 to RJ45 ethernet adapter power light does not turn on

I have the USB 2.0 Ethernet adapter on Windows Vista Ultimate and the drivers have installed correctly and under device manager it says that the device is working correctly. However, the green power light does not turn on when i plug it into the computer and when I try to connect to the ethernet network it says that a cable is disconnected. Do you have any suggestions for this?

Angela

Hi Angela,

I’ve replied to you privately with a request for some additional information to help diagnose this problem. If you could respond to that e-mail, we should be able to figure out what’s gone wrong. Sorry for the troubles with a Plugable product you purchased.

Sincerely,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies

I have the same issue with a new Gigabit adaptor, no lights and PC states no cable connected. I know the cable and connection are fine because they work on my PCI card. The adaptor has been installed properly and the according to device manager is working fine.

Hi John,

In the previous case, the problem turned out to be with the actual Ethernet connection–not the adapter. Given what you’ve reported–it sounds like you know the Ethernet connection is good–you probably are experiencing a different issue. Can you write to us at support@plugable.com with the details, and we’ll handle your case as a private support ticket?

Sincerely,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies