PLUGABLE USB 2.0 HDMI/DVI/VGA ADAPTER FOR MULTIPLE MONITORS UP TO 1920×1080 Hardware Configuration

I have a question with regards to the Plug-Able USB 2.0 HDMI/DVI/VGA ADAPTER FOR MULTIPLE MONITORS UP TO 1920×1080 product.

I’m looking to hook up 3 monitors (with “independent” screens) to a Lenovo T430 Laptop. Note: I do not have a docking station rather a 3.0 USB port.

In looking at the plug-able USB 2.0 HDMI/DVI/VGA ADAPTER it states that it can support multiple screens. But what exactly is the hardware configuration.

Can one device support multiple devices or one device per monitor? Is there a picture showing the hardware configuration?

Thanks
Curtis

Hello Curtis,

Good questions.

One display adapter per monitor is needed (unless you decide on the USB3-3900DHE -> http://www.plugable.com/products/usb3… which is more like a mini docking station). All our display adapters and docking stations are DisplayLink based to answer your hardware configuration.

An important side note is that the Lenovo T430 can only run 3 monitors in total, so you could theoretically only add two additional display adapters and not three as desired.