Plugable USB 2.0 Green light keeps flashing

I have been using the Plugable 2.0 since last August and it has worked just fine. I have an HP laptop and Acer external monitor connected along with a wireless keyboard and Epson printer. However, just today, all of a sudden, the computer keeps beeping with it acting like the USB is connecting and unconnecting continuously. I have switched all items direct and it works fine. I unplugged the power from the hub for a bit, then reconnected. Blue light is on. Then connected the hub to the computer and none of the accessories. Computer started beeping again for a bit but then stopped. I switched monitor from direct to the computer to the hub. It keeps going from no signal to picture. Back and forth. Another words it is not working right. What do you suggest? I have rebooted, turned the computer off and on again. Reconnected and still same problem.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for contacting Plugable Support, we’ll be happy to help. The first thing I’ll need to know is your Amazon Order Id. Next I have a couple of steps for you to take to isolate the issue.

1. Disconnect all the cables from the hub.

2. Reconnect just the AC power cable and see if the blue light comes on. If so, go ahead and reconnect the USB cable between the hub and the computer. The reason to connect the AC power first is so that the hub and computer will completely reset with no power coming from the computer over the USB cable.

3.) Next, connect something simple like a USB mouse and test if for a while and see if it stays connected. If so add another device.

If it fails after adding more devices, send me a list of all the device make and model that you have connected.

If it fails with just the mouse, let me know that too.

Thanks for your patience,
Jerome.

Amazon #103-4646204-9831441

I did as you suggested and it looks like it is working right now. Thank you. Not sure why all of a sudden it had a glitch.

Thanks for letting us know, I’m glad to hear you are up and running.

enjoy,
Jerome.