Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope not detected

Hello,
I’ve just received the microscope and followed the instructions. However, it seems like the microscope is not detected and does not appear under cameras in the device manager (Windows 10). Any ideas?

Hello Martin,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. I’m sorry for the trouble, and I’d be glad to help you. Just so I am clear, this is our USB2-MICRO-250X microscope? It is compatible with USB 3 ports. Did you install the Digital Viewer software and try setting the microscope as the default device?

The microscope must be used with camera software like our Digital Viewer software, or the default Windows Camera app in order to see the image. I’d suggest to try this:

1. Check your Privacy Permissions using the steps in this article: https://kb.plugable.com/question/624633. If those permissions aren’t properly set it can block things from working properly.
  2. Restart the computer.
  3. Plug the microscope into a different USB port.
  4. Try launching the program again and set the microscope as the default device. Don’t open any other programs so we have a clean testing environment.
  5. Try a different camera program if that doesn’t work.

I hope that helps you. Please let me know what happens!

Thank you,

Kevin
Product Owner
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.