Plugable Universal Laptop Docking Station Random mini disconnects/freezes

Hi.

Switched from a desktop to laptop and got this usb c dock so i could have my monitor keyboard audio and all be able to connect with one usb c cable into my thunderbolt usb c port.

One of my 2 thunderbolt 4 usb c ports is plugged into the dock, the other one has a direct connection to my main monitor via a displayport to usb c adapter as the plugable dock couldnt support 5120X1440

I have been having a consisntent issue that i have not been able to find a solution for. I wil be playing a game, sometimes for 5 mins, other times for up to an hour, before my keyboard and mouse will have mini freezes/disconnects reconnects making them function for a second, then not, then function, then not. Same with audio, it’ll cut out for half a second then be back. My second monitor connected via hdmi does not have that problem while plugged into the dock, neither does the ethernet connection.

I am plugged in on battery, turned off any power saving i could think off, downloaded and installed the drivers, but still deal with this issue.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I’m sorry to hear that your Plugable product is not working as expected, and I will be happy to assist you with this.

Our first step together will be to gather some additional information.

1. Can you please provide the model number of the Plugable product you are using? You can usually find this information on the bottom of the product.
  2. Can you please provide the make and model of the monitors you are using? This information can usually be found on the back of the monitor itself.
  3. Can you please clarify if you are gaming on the monitor connected to the docking station, or the one connected by the USB-C to HDMI adapter?

Once again we apologize for the trouble, and I look forward to your reply.

Sean
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.