Plugable UGA-2K-A USB 2.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI Adapter and Powerpoint Presenters View

I have found your product “Plugable UGA-2K-A USB 2.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI Adapter for Multiple Monitors up to 2048×1152 / 1920×1200” and seen that there were some problems with a Quick Books software product. I have an HP Pavilion Desktop running W7 (Home 32) which has only one video card. I’d like to be able to test out a Powerpoint 2010 presentation using Presenter’s View. This facility of Powerpoint 2010 only works on PCs/Laptops where there are two video cards installed - whether or not a second monitor is actually connected and I was wondering if your product is exactly what I need to deceive W7 & Powerpoint 2010 into thinking that a second monitor is there. I have no other need for a second monitor so this is an expense that I’d only like to make if I am sure it will work! Hence this email. Thanks for your help

Patrick Powers

Hi PPowers,

Thanks for posting your question here! When you install and plug in the Plugable UGA-2K-A, Windows 7 does detect it as a separate monitor even when a physical monitor is not connected to it.

So you would be able to test out a PowerPoint 2010 presentation using Presenter’s view .

I would also like to clarify that as long as Windows Aero is enabled on the Win 7 system, no issues are seen with Quickbooks software.

Hope the above information helps! If you need any additional information, feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze